It's easy to get excited and rush through a recipe, just to learn that you've forgotten an important ingredient! Don't let that happen to you! The following hints will help make your next dish a perfect one!
- Be patient. Cooking takes time!
- Be sure you have all the ingredients you need - and enough of each - BEFORE you begin to cook.
- Ask permission from an adult to use the kitchen. Tell them what you want to do, and ask their help with cutting items or using heat-based appliances.
- Read the recipe thoroughly and make sure you understand each part of it.
- Don't allow small children to get in harm's way. Make sure the kitchen is safe for everyone by keeping toddlers in another room.
- Weigh and measure each ingredient carefully.
- Don't open and close the oven door to monitor your recipe. That will cause variations in temperature than can ruin the item.
- Remember to have fun and thank the adults who helped you.
- Share the delicious meal you've prepared!